Deadline: 12.00 noon AEST Friday 22nd February 2019
Any questions about the requirements of the activity or tender should be sent by email to the address above before Friday, 15 February 2019.
The Justice Services and Stability for Development Program (JSS4D) is a four-year program funded by the Government of Australia (GoA) in partnership with the Government of Papua New Guinea (GoPNG) to support the Papua New Guinea law and justice sector’s goal of a ‘just, safe and secure society for all’.
JSS4D has four broad outcomes that aim to create safer and more secure communities; strengthen law and justice services; address family and sexual violence; and confront corruption.
A major focus of JSS4D, related to safer and more secure communities, are activities designed to strengthen the operation, effectiveness and efficiency of village court functions in six priority provinces and the Autonomous Region of Bougainville (AROB). JSS4D supports the Village Courts and Land Mediation Secretariat (VCLMS) in a range of activities including:
- policy and planning support and strengthening coordination between key stakeholders;
- awareness activities to increase citizen understanding of rights and the availability of support services;
- training of Village Court Officials (VCOs);
- empowering women magistrates and women officials;
- training for Land Mediators;
- development of training materials;
- inspections of village courts to improve the quality of services;
- strengthening operations in law and justice agencies; and
- developing service charters that indicate the rights and obligations of all stakeholders.
JSS4D requires a short-term independent evaluation of village courts and land mediation in selected provinces.
The full Request for Tender (RFT) can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/2FSz8yF