Senior Research & Data Analyst
Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment
Deadline: Tuesday 18th June 2019
- Are you an evaluation specialist keen to join a multi-disciplinary team, working in a current and fast-paced area of public policy?
- Do you enjoy unpacking complex systems and designing mixed method approaches to monitor and evaluate these?
- Would you love to work alongside other experienced evaluators, within a large branch of research and evaluation professionals?
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced evaluator to join the Building and Tenancy Evidence & Insights team at MBIE. This is a multi-disciplinary team delivering research, analytics and evaluation, focused primarily on the building system. You will have expertise in scoping, designing, commissioning and implementing evaluations, and be experienced in developing intervention logics, evaluation plans and monitoring frameworks. The successful candidate will lead significant evaluation projects, and contribute to strategic direction for the team.
Why work for us?
MBIE's Evidence and Insights branch develops the evidence base for MBIE's decision making. We provide trusted information on the impact and effectiveness of government initiatives. We provide the data, analysis, and insights that help decision-makers do their best work. We support and influence the policy debate and provide direct advice to Government and information to stakeholders and the public. With over 70 staff, we have a broad range of expertise and offer excellent opportunities for development.
The Building and Tenancy team is a multidisciplinary group delivering research, analytics and evaluation, focused primarily on the building system. We are looking for someone who will bring curiosity and new perspectives to the team.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in designing and undertaking fit-for-purpose evaluation of programmes, policy and regulations
- An ability to find a pragmatic way forward
- An interest in making the most of admin and other data sources
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Experience in working with external providers to deliver research and evaluation outputs
- Ability to communicate to different audiences (e.g. policy and operational)
- Good interpersonal skills and a motivation to work collaboratively within and across agencies
- This is a senior role open to candidates with substantial (ideally 5+ years) evaluation experience.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply: