Senior Engagement Advisor - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Country Fire Authority
Deadline: Monday 20 May 11.59pm
- Located at CFA Headquarters, Burwood East
- Permanent (ongoing)
- $95,811 pa (plus 9.50% super)
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world's largest, and most highly regarded community-based emergency service organisations.
Our Community Safety team drives and oversees a range of initiatives with the aim of leading and supporting engagement for safer communities.
CFA seeks a leader in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL).
This is a new role, and as such presents an opportunity to drive, strengthen and promote the way we measure and design our community engagement programs and initiatives.
As our new Senior Engagement Advisor MEL, you will support and raise the quality of CFA’s Community Safety programs and activities by implementing the recently developed monitoring, evaluation and reporting system. You will be supported to shape the role, applying your skills and expertise to:
- Lead the implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system including associated tools and processes, specific to Community Engagement working closely with Headquarter and Regional Community Safety staff to ensure regular data collection and analysis of data on program delivery.
- Coordinate the evaluation of CFA’s community safety programs
- Ensure consistency in the objectives and key success factors of programs and align with organisational outcomes frameworks.
- Responsible for quarterly reports on the reach and quality of program delivery and annual reports on progress to outcomes to enable understanding of program effectiveness and shared learning.
- Provide technical support and build capability with key stakeholders and practitioners within the organisation on evidence-based program design, data collection tools analysis and evaluation.
- Liaise with providers of evaluation services, such as evaluation specialists, universities, Collaborative Research Centres, ARC, and other providers to outsource ad-hoc evaluations
- Effectively communicate, negotiate and build strong relationships within CFA to enable understanding of program effectiveness and shared learning
- Contributing to thought leadership
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g.: evaluation, social science, community engagement, community safety, project management) is preferred, and/or relevant industry experience (equivalent 3 years minimum)
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including strong negotiation, public speaking and facilitation
- Strong budget management experience with the ability to forecast and produce accurate reports periodically
- Highly developed organisational and planning skills in the context of a complex, changing business environment requiring agility and flexibility
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to engage stakeholders at varying levels and seniority while maintaining effective working relationships
- Demonstrated experience in managing, monitoring and evaluation of programs in a community safety context
- Ability to work autonomously across various locations across Victoria, while maintaining a strong presence within the team.
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter
- Responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Submitting your Application
When you click the 'apply' button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police History Check.
CFA supports flexible working arrangements and is committed to being an inclusive, fair and child safe organisation for all staff, volunteers and the community.