Learning Academy Manager
Deadline: 5pm Friday 10th May 2019
About the business
Clear Horizon is a vibrant project consultancy specialising in co-design and monitoring and evaluation based in Melbourne with offices across Australia. For the past 10 years we have provided professional development through face to face training and masterclasses. We are a value-based company with a worldwide reach, and we make deliberate choices about who we work with to maintain our principles of social justice and environmental sustainability.
We strive to be a friendly and positive workplace that values our employees and respects the need for, and supports, the effective integration of work and life. At Clear Horizon we are serious about sustainability. We have a passionate green team who have driven our sustainability policy over several years now.
About the role
We want an online learning experience that can inspire and enable project managers, evaluators, designers, collaboration leads, entrepreneurs and more to evaluate and improve their impact. This role is based within Clear Horizon's Digital Transformation team and is on permanent full-time basis with an attractive salary package including access to a bonus after 12 months.
Your key responsibility will be to produce e-learning courses and other online learning materials for our e-learning platform, as well as oversee the existing face to face training program. You will manage a team including an events coordinator, videographer and web developer and operate as our expert e-learning creator, producer and manager.
Key Responsibilities and Purpose
- Deliver the Clear Horizon Academy Strategy in line with best practice and innovative practices;
- Coordinate the planning, development, promotion, delivery, evaluation and review of face-to-face and online courses and experiences programs for Clear Horizon.
- Maintain and update currently existing online courses;
- Oversee the delivery of our face to face offering in Melbourne;
- Facilitate online courses and discussions (with support from subject matter experts)
- Provide technical support and expertise to support online users
- Provide subject matter expertise on the online learning offer and business strategy
- Develop online learning experiences (i.e. courses, webinars, content, learning pathways) in association with internal subject matter experts
- Liaise and contract manage external consultants to develop high-quality content and activities as required
- Manage the videographer and external graphic designers to produce engaging and appropriate visual content and ensure brand consistency
- Liaising with our marketing team to promote the online learning academy through presentations, reports, articles, social media, web-based notifications, newsletters and so forth
- Collaborate with partners to promote the Clear Horizon Academy
- Ensuring the delivery of all education and training projects to time, budget and satisfaction of all stakeholders
- Identifying risk gaps for the business overall
- Develop new courses in collaboration with content matter experts;
- Implement models of continuous improvement and quality assurance
- Ensure compliance with state and federal privacy legislation
- Preparing relevant performance and financial reports for the executive and board as required.
- Any further adhoc duties will be required to support the delivery of the strategic objectives
Benefits and perks
Situated in the heart of Cremorne near the iconic Bryant & May match factory, within minutes of cafes and transport at East Richmond Station as well as trams along Swan and Church Streets. Clear Horizon has a very modern view and approach to work life balance.
Skills and experience
- Adult learning, experiential learning and instructional design experience.
- A proven track record in managing e-learning platforms and producing e-learning courses.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – specifically the ability to engage and obtain information from subject matter experts.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well in a team environment.
- Exceptional organisational skills including the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to exercise effective and independent judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Budget management and understanding of profit and loss statements.
- Working knowledge of wordpress.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in e-commerce.
- Experience in a start-up, lean and agile methodologies.
- Exceeding sales targets
- Experience working with an external marketing team to promote the academy.
- Experience in one of our sectors (i.e. social, environmental, international development sectors).
- Strategic planning