Impact and Strategy Manager
Indigenous Community Volunteers
Deadline: 5pm Wednesday 27th March 2019
- Canberra Location
- Ongoing Full time position
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation and its growth and sustainability?
Are you passionate about closing the gap on Indigenous disadvantage?
If your answers are yes, then ICV has the opportunity for you!
ICV facilitates community development and research activities with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities. We support communities to harness opportunities available to them to overcome social and economic disadvantage through community development and capacity building projects. Reconciliation that occurs through our volunteering and social enterprise initiatives is also an important outcome of our work.
A rare and exciting leadership opportunity has become available to build a culture of learning, innovation and growth and promote the evidence base of ICV, drawing on ICV’s bespoke monitoring and evaluation system.
- Manage strategic projects across the organisation.
- Implement ICV’s Monitoring and Evaluation Work Plan.
- Communicate effectively about ICV’s impact with a variety of audiences.
- Improve outcomes and reporting by providing learning and development support to ICV’s regional teams.
- Engage effectively with and provide support to other business units within ICV.
The successful candidate will require:
- Strong administration and project management experience including the ability to prioritise conflicting needs.
- Demonstrated research and monitoring and evaluation skills. A university degree is preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated high level writing ability and attention to detail.
- Experience with preparing communications including submissions, reporting and print and media communications.
- Experience working within a team and ability to build strong relationships with staff, management and stakeholders.
ICV aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. Indigenous Australians and culturally and linguistically diverse Australians are encouraged to apply.