Practice or Programme Manager – Evaluation and Research
Allen + Clarke
Deadline: Monday 25th March 2019
Allen + Clarke is looking for an experienced practice or programme manager to join our Evaluation + Research Practice. This is a senior/leadership role, working closely with the Practice Lead to set the direction of the practice, build capability, manage people and workflow, and to secure future work.
- Bring your programme and project management/leadership experience
- Use your people and relationship management skills
- Bring your knowledge of evaluation and research
- Work on a variety of projects, for a range of clients
- Join a flexible, smart and committed team
- Help us to make a difference
Are you looking for a new challenge? Allen + Clarke is looking for an experienced practice or programme manager to join our Evaluation + Research Practice. This is a senior/leadership role, working closely with the Practice Lead to set the direction of the practice, build capability, manage people and workflow, and to secure future work. It also involves working on teams in the delivery of evaluation or research projects for clients. We have some flexibility to adjust the balance in responsibilities to fit your strengths.
We need someone with extensive experience in managing programmes or portfolios of projects, delivered within a team environment. Experience in managing and coaching staff is essential. Evaluation and qualitative and/or quantitative research experience, and knowledge of a range of evaluation and research methods and approaches is also required. You may also be knowledgeable and experienced in kaupapa Maori and/or Pasifika research or evaluation.
We are a consultancy company that works with government, NGO and private sector clients on projects that matter. We have an Evaluation + Research Practice of 15 staff, who work closely with colleagues in our Policy Practice and our Secretariat and Programme Support Practice. Our projects can be long or short term. They can be individual or team-based. The position is based at our Wellington office in The Woolstore in Thorndon, and may involve travel in New Zealand, and to Australia (we have an office in Melbourne) and the Pacific. Our people are flexible, hard-working and committed. They care and want to make a difference. They know how to work with pace. They never lose sight of quality. They are good at identifying opportunities, risks and issues and mitigating them to ensure a project’s success.
Come join us if you:
- Enjoy managing diverse work programmes, and managing and leading people, helping them to develop and grow
- Are capable of operating in a consulting environment, with a strong client focus and enjoy working with organisations to identify and meet their needs
- Have experience in producing high quality evaluations or research studies
- Enjoy providing thought leadership
- Work well over multiple streams of work
- Enjoy improving business processes
- Like networking and meeting new people
- Care and want to make a difference
We think the best candidates will have 15+ years’ experience in practice/programme management and evaluation and research roles in either a public or private sector organisation.
To apply please email a cover letter and your CV to Philippa at the above address.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 25 March 2019. Interviews will be held week of 8 April 2019.