Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Deadline: Thursday 28th February 2019
- Lead the way with best practice monitoring and evaluation
- Evaluate digital health tools aiming to saving the lives of men globally
Currently operating in 21 countries worldwide, the Movember Foundation is the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale, year-round. We’re addressing some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead is responsible for providing best practice monitoring and evaluation direction, guidance, support and implementation to the Movember Foundation Programs team. The role will work in partnership with Programs Global Leaders and Program Managers to deliver high quality monitoring and evaluation services. This includes a focus on monitoring and evaluation for supporting implementation and scaling up, particularly for digital health tools.
Working as part of a newly formed Monitoring, Research and Evaluation team, the role will provide expert guidance and direction to the Movember Foundation in the following domains:
- Program monitoring: working with program managers and other relevant stakeholders, direct, guide and/or advise on how to monitor and report on programmatic performance;
- Program evaluation: where appropriate, direct, guide and/or advise on best practice evaluation, including use of program theories, shared indicators, and dashboard reporting, and work collaboratively with external evaluation partners.
To fulfil this role, the individual will bring strong experience in designing and managing evaluations of complex health programs, ideally with a focus on implementation and scaling up, as well as digital health tools.
Key responsibilities of the role:
1. Provide best-practice direction and guidance for monitoring program performance
- Reviewing program monitoring templates and tools to ensure alignment across program areas and consistency with relevant internal documents, frameworks and knowledge;
- Providing guidance for monitoring the effective implementation and scaling up of digital health tools, within and across jurisdictions;
2. Provide best-practice direction and guidance for evaluating program performance
- Supporting program teams in developing program theories that provide a shared understanding for how programs influence desired outcomes, including for digital health tools;
- Distilling and prioritising key evaluation questions;
- Identifying indicators that can be used across programs and that can be ‘laddered up’ through project, program and portfolio levels, particularly as programs are scaled up;
- Managing information from evaluations to ensure it is used and is useful to key internal stakeholders.
3. Work with external suppliers on all elements of commissioned evaluations
- Managing all aspects of the commissioning process, including drafting relevant documentation, implementing suitable review and assessment processes, communicating with all parties throughout, and establishing parameters for contract development;
- Monitoring evaluations completed by third parties to ensure evaluation projects are delivered on time and on budget.
4. Support effective reporting and use of monitoring and evaluation information
To be suitable for this role you require:
- Relevant qualifications in program evaluation, implementation science or a related discipline;
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing evaluations of complex health programs, including digital health tools;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting individuals and teams in monitoring and evaluating complex health programs;
- experienced in working with external evaluation partners;
- Skill experience in disseminating information for a range of internal and external audiences;
- Demonstrated skills in qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Experience working in a global context and in one or more of the Movember Foundation’s cause areas (i.e. prostate cancer, testicular cancer or men’s mental health and suicide) is desirable.
To apply for this role:
Please submit a resume and application letter that addresses the following questions:
- How does your monitoring and evaluation experience make you suitable for this role?
- Which Movember values resonate with you the most and why?