Senior Planner and Analyst
Brisbane South PHN
Deadline: 5pm Wednesday 9th January 2019
Brisbane South PHN has an exciting opportunity to become part of our dynamic Knowledge, Planning and Performance (KPP) team. This is a permanent full time/part time role (negotiable). You will undertake comprehensive health service planning and monitoring of health-related trends including the conduct of local needs assessments; compilation and submission of reports to funders; and provision of support and advice to service delivery teams in relation to performance metrics, analysis and reporting
You will work collaboratively with our Brisbane South PHN teams, internal and external stakeholders and industry partners aiming to optimise the health of people in our communities and the delivery of health services within our region.
About the Company
Brisbane South PHN covers a large, culturally diverse, geographic area south of the Brisbane River. This includes metropolitan, rural and remote island locations across local government areas in Brisbane, Logan, Redlands and the Scenic Rim. Our focus is on understanding the health needs of our communities and improving the coordination and delivery of health care services to ensure people receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
To achieve success in this role, you will need:
- Experience in leading, managing or coordinating population health and health services planning and reporting activities
- Highly developed skills in the analysis, reporting and presentation of data and information relating to health services need, supply and utilisation
- Ability to analyse complex and large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information and identify and communicate key understandings and implications for the health system
- Understanding of national and statewide directions in health services reform, policy, planning, funding and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain productive professional relationships
- Proven experience in producing deliverables within specified timeframes
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office suite, data, and statistical analysis programs desirable
- Tertiary qualification in health or related field (such as health economics, epidemiology, or public health) and experience working in the health sector highly desirable
- Positive National Police Check.
To gain a full understanding of the requirements of this job, please see the position description on our website www.bsphn.org.au
In return for your skills and capabilities, we offer:
- Attractive remuneration and salary packaging option
- Generous annual leave options
- Commitment to learning and development and performance excellence
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our website at www.bsphn.org.au for more information.
To apply, please send your current resume with a covering letter outlining how you meet the skills, experience and knowledge requirements of the role by 5pm Wednesday 9 January 2019.
For further information on the role, please contact Ashleigh Earnshaw – Manager Knowledge Planning and Performance on 3864 7555 during business hours.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.