Senior Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant, Curijo Pty Ltd (deadline: 15 August 2022)
Organisation: Curijo Pty Ltd
Position title: Senior Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant (identified position)
Closing date: 15 August 2022
- Full-time: Canberra, Wollongong, or WFH in Sydney or Perth
- Scale 4
- This is a non-award position operating under Fair Work
Curijo has a full-time position available for an experienced Senior Aboriginal Consultant in either their Canberra or Wollongong office or working remotely in Sydney/Perth. This highly important position will primarily provide leadership, operations and support for our newly established Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Practice and across the organisation.
About the organisation
Founded in Canberra, Curijo is a majority Aboriginal-owned and award-winning profit for purpose company that delivers high quality professional services to a large range of government, private sector, and not-for-profit clients. Our areas of expertise include child, family and community, diversity, business and government. Curijo work in Aboriginal affairs, Australian mainstream and internationally.
Curijo places great value in its strong, positive and high-quality work culture, and has been established by creating excellent relationships and through the delivery of high-quality projects. These relationships are underpinned by a two-way learning philosophy that is best represented by the name, Curijo, which means ‘family’.
The strength of Curijo is in its people. The team is positive and fun, family and culturally inclusive and highly knowledgeable. Curijo will successfully work with clients to develop, innovate, solve problems, and deliver outstanding outcomes based on the same values that have created our already highly successful operations.
What does this role offer you?
By undertaking this highly important role, you not only have the opportunity to work in our fast-paced and dynamic team environment and will also become an integral part of the Curijo family. Some benefits include negotiable salary depending on experience, cultural training, team building, continual professional support and many potential post-engagement opportunities in our ever-growing consultancy business.
This role is an integral member of the Curijo family who is looked upon for research, monitoring and evaluation (RME) project leadership and delivery. You will be expected to lead and deliver RME assignments, engagements and projects with minimal supervision. This role provides critical support to the RME Practice Manager in growing the RME practice and building internal RME capability. It requires you to think and act innovatively across the practice and more importantly collaboratively with other senior staff throughout Curijo. The role requires a passionate professional with experience in research, monitoring and evaluation in social services and/or the business sector. The functions of the role will include, although is not limited to;
- Understand and support Curijo’s purpose and promote the company culture and values
- Manage and report RME project performance as required to the RME Practice Manager
- Develop and nurture effective client relationships
- Assist with identifying growth areas and future work opportunities in line with the marketing and practice business development strategy
- Prepare or contribute to proposals, tenders and quotes
- Contribute to development of RME Practice approaches and methodologies
- Responsible for leading and carrying out the planning, design, research and implementation/ responsive delivery of RME projects and client engagements in line with the RME Practice Plan
- Provide regular reporting to RME Practice Manager on client project delivery
- Work as engagement lead or as a senior member of a client engagement team
- Develop and maintain appropriate professional affiliations
- Effectively support project staff through strength-based practice
- Carry out all corporate administrative activities as required
- At times may act as the Practice Manager
Our Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute by being proactive and innovative in project delivery and in mitigating risk of the projects you are assigned. You will be expected to understand, articulate and consistently work towards the Curijo vision and be able to detail for other staff the line of sight between your role and others. You will be able to deliver projects with a strong focus on outcomes and targeted growth in line with Curijo’s strategic objectives, to succeed in this role you will possess, or be able to develop, the following capabilities:
- Identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- At least five years’ working experience of monitoring and evaluation including using both qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Qualifications in social science, community development, Indigenous Studies, evaluation or another related field
- Demonstrated research skills and an understanding of Indigenous Standpoint Theory
- Demonstrated experience in project management and leadership with the ability to collaborate within teams
- High level time management skills, accountability and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- High level and professional interpersonal, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook)
- High level comprehension and written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- High level commitment to workplace culture, safety, and equal opportunity
- Willingness to share knowledge, ideas and experience and undertake ongoing learning
- Demonstrated adaptability skills and receptive to feedback
- Current Working with Children’s Check and or Working with Vulnerable People Card
- National Criminal History Check
- Full Coronavirus Vaccination (some service contracts require our employees to be fully vaccinated against Coronavirus to meet contract obligations)
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- Own vehicle and ability to travel as required to meet project requirements
If you would like to help us create a wonderful work environment, where you will be both challenged and inspired, we welcome your application.
How to apply
Curijo is an equality opportunity employer and accordingly, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.