Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser – Roads and Ports, GHD Pty Ltd (deadline: 10 July 2022)
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Adviser – Roads and Ports, Connect PNG Project Management Office, Port Moresby
Organisation: GHD Pty Ltd
Location: Port Moresby, PNG
Job duration: Fixed-term position until October 2023
The M&E Adviser – Roads and Ports will coordinate the planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning processes for the Australian Infrastructure Financing Facility for the Pacific (AIFFP to ensure that monitoring data and reporting of all activities and progress against outcomes is used to inform planning and program management decisions, while meeting stakeholder and contractual expectations. The position will be responsible for ensuring plans, progress reports and the required AIFFP reports are delivered on time for review and submission by GHD, and that the M&E processes and outcomes are understood by the various Project Management Services Consultants (PMSC). The M&E Adviser will also ensure that lessons learnt on the AIFFP investments are captured and shared.
GHD are a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Our forward-looking, innovative approaches connect and sustain communities around the world. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are focused on building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. GHD's International Development Assistance (IDA) Team delivers project management and technical services for the world's largest development organisations to improve the lives of people in developing countries.
The Government of Australia intends to negotiate with the Government of PNG to support PNG’s “Connect PNG” strategy through an Australian loans package using its Australian Infrastructure Financing Facility for the Pacific (AIFFP). The Government of Australia has identified two possible projects for phased development (Sepik Highway and the Trans-Island [Wau] Highway) for road maintenance and rehabilitation which would contribute to the overall Connect PNG strategy along with other donors. The PNG Australia Transport Sector Support Program 2 (TSSP2) is establishing a project team to oversee AIFFP activities which includes Eligible Ports and Eligible Long Term Road Maintenance Contracts (LTMCs).
Eligible candidates must have the following specific skill requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field such as social development, information management, business administration, M&E disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience working for DFAT on M&E practices and experience and understanding of the principles of M&E, particularly for major infrastructure projects;
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring senior management and executive staff in the areas of planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Relevant experience in a developing country context and capacity to respect and appreciate cross cultural communication, in addition to experience and knowledge in adult education and participatory training;
- Extensive experience in producing and delivering timely, quality assured and analytical reports, including quantitative and qualitative data that demonstrates progress against program outcome areas (e.g. Annual, Six Monthly, and Monthly Reports);
- Experience in implementing procurement capacity development and leading procurement training within government agencies is desirable.
You will have exceptional stakeholder engagement and communication skills and ideally you will have M&E experience in DFAT programs in PNG. All candidates must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies. This is classified as a senior advisory position under the TSSP Remuneration Framework.
Closing date: Sunday 10 July 2022
GHD is committed to protecting children and their rights and requires all IDA Personnel to comply with the GHD Child Protection Policy and the GHD International Development Assistance Child Protection Procedures in delivering development assistance services. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Details of how to apply
To express your interest please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the specific skill requirements outlined here.