Monitoring and Evaluation Researcher - Remote, Good to Great Schools Australia (no set location)
Closing date: Friday 13th August 2021
Good to Great Schools Australia (GGSA) partners with schools and school systems to support school improvement along a journey from Poor to Fair, Fair to Good and Good to Great.
About the business unit
GGSA completes many excellent initiatives in their partner schools. While current indicators suggest many educational successes, we always strive to improve in measuring results, providing the right information/resources to our partners, and analysing other information that makes us smarter. A key challenge is how to continually improve measuring, reporting, and analytical capabilities.
About the role
The Monitoring and Evaluation Expert will contribute to the team of Project Developers and lead the project data team. The Monitoring and Evaluation Expert does several functions outlined in the Position Description (see below). This role essentially manages the data teams support to the project.
You will lead work on complex projects that are at various stages on the trial and development. All team members need to use their diligence daily to problem solve and develop new ideas. That means the role operates in an environment with a lot of ambiguity. This can be very challenging and so you need to really like working with uncertainty and be able to problem solve, research and embrace new ideas.
- Tertiary qualification in Evaluation or related discipline;
- Strong track record of successful project delivery, including managing multiple projects concurrently (understanding how to build requirements, monitor a report’s build, test and implementation);
- Experience in leading and undertaking business and/or social policy related research, analysis and design;
- Experience from building report from scratch (including the sourcing, clean-up, storage and automatic production of reports) writing academic papers and business cases;
- Experience setting up new data systems;
- Proven ability to develop strong networks with diverse key partners with demonstrated negotiation skills and the ability to address difficult or contentious concepts;
- Exceptional research, communication skills (oral and written and ability to talk to the school about the contents of the report – performance, behaviour etc), IT skills (Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint), and strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills;
- Willingness to travel away from base location to spend time visiting regional and remote areas of Australia;
- Ability to obtain a working with children check (QLD Blue Card);
- Ability to obtain a successful police check.
Details of how to apply:
GGSA does not consider applications which do not address the selection criteria.
If you are looking for the next stage of your career and have a desire to contribute to a not-for-profit organisation that supports Australian schools, we'd love to hear from you!