PhD - The Bradshaw Family Research Initiative, FamilyCare and La Trobe University (Shepparton VIC)
Closing date: Thursday 30th September 2021
FamilyCare, a regional Victorian human service provider in partnership with La Trobe University, is offering an industry PhD scholarship to an outstanding applicant. The successful applicant will develop a data platform to support evidence informed practice. Capturing accurate, consistent and reliable data on FamilyCare’s activity levels, is essential for client outcomes and service user feedback to support staff.
This project aspires to not only a change functionality but support an evolution of workplace and practice culture that enhances reporting on the quality of services delivered.
Applicants with a background in epidemiology, psychology, sociology or social work with a strong affinity for quantitative research methods are invited to apply. You are interested in working with data sets and translation to practice. This project is focused on data ‘behind the scenes’ that informs direct service delivery. You have a passion for setting up strategy and processes that ensure that direct work with clients can be undertaking evidenced informed. You will have excellent people skills to engage internal and external stakeholders. This doctoral candidate will investigate the interface between data collection platforms and quality service delivery drawing on existing theory and developing regional capacity to delivery services.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- A La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,597.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2021 rate)
- A fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- Relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- Opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- Not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
- Be an Australian and New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident residing in Australia.
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- Will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at La Trobe University’s Shepparton campus
- Have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above.
Details of how to apply:
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow Step 3 on our research application page – please ensure you submit a full application for scholarship and candidature.
Please note as part of your application you are not required to identify a potential supervisor – A/Professor Spelten is the designated supervisor for this project;
In your application, clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for the La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship with Family Care.
- The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship.
- If you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you will be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and Family Care.
- The final decision will be made based on your application and interview. The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
- You will be required to have a police check or WWCC prior to commencing the position (to be paid for by applicant)
- You will be advised of an outcome towards the end of 2021 to start the candidature in January 2022.