Evaluation Officer, Black Dog Institute (Randwick, NSW)
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021
- Become a part of a team that is devoted to making the world a healthier place.
- The role will focus on administration of data collection, data analysis and interpretation, and reporting against project milestones as defined in the contract.
- Part-time 12 month contract.
About the Institute:
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect.
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated Evaluation Officer to join our project team, which oversees stakeholder engagement, implementation, and evaluation of our education program activities. The Evaluation Officer will provide high-level coordination and support to the Mentally Healthy Workplaces evaluation plan. Specifically, the role will focus on administration of data collection, data analysis and interpretation, and reporting against project milestones as defined in the contract.
- Manage quantitative data collection across all evaluation activities, including monitoring of response rates and liaising with clients
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative analyses and interpretation using multiple tools and methodologies
- Liaise with the project team and participants to recruit participants to qualitative interviews and case studies
- Support data collection by conducting key informant interviews
- Support data analysis through qualitative coding of interview and survey data
- Complete administrative and clerical duties, including meeting attendance as required
- Work with wider project team to manage project budget
- Work with wider project team to report back to funder on project progress
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications and relevant experience in a public health or social science discipline (e.g., psychology, public health, sociology)
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation methodologies and techniques
- Demonstrated experience in health research or evaluation activities, including participant recruitment, study design, and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in using quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including strong data analysis and interviewing skills
- Excellent written communication skills, with an emphasis on providing timely reports to funders and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong ability to professionally liaise and build collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and with minimal supervision
- Strong computing skills with Microsoft Office programs Excel and Word, and proficient skills and experience with database management and data analysis using SPSS or similar packages
- Knowledge of EEO principles and OH&S responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant OH&S training
- Experience using Salesforce CRM or socialsuite impact management
- Experience using NVivo software for qualitative analysis
- Experience in workplace mental health, e-health, and digital technology
- Experience in the Not-for-Profit sector.
- Knowledge of community-based research/evaluation
Details of how to apply:
Please click on the link provided to apply through the Black Dog Institute's external career portal: https://blackdog.elmotalent.com.au/careers/external/job/view/35