Impact Measurement and Evaluation Officer, Mission Australia (Sydney/Melbourne - flexible location, initially WFH)
Closing date: Wednesday 21st April 2021
- Full time and part time positions (work arrangements flexible)
- Location: Sydney/Melbourne (flexible location)| Initially WFH
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
You will be joining Mission Australia’s Centre for Evidence and Insights, a team that that inspires curiosity for evidence that leads to action. In this role you will be responsible for contributing to the dissemination and application of the Impact Measurement and Evaluation Strategy across the organisation that empowers learning and action. Your work will be accessible and relevant to MA staff to assist them to apply insights and identify opportunities from impact measurement and evaluations. You will report to the Impact Measurement and Evaluation Manager.
You will be an evaluator with demonstrated experience and skills in building the capacity of client-facing workers to participate in, use and apply monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement insights.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Strategic application of integrated impact measurement and evaluation systems
- Build capacity within Mission Australia by actively contributing to the development and implementation of training tools that assist with monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement to better inform organisational decision making
- Contribute to the development of new or improved tools and systems that allow people to access necessary insights simply and intuitively
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Add to the design and implementation of analysis, evaluation and reporting frameworks
- Working with a range of stakeholders to determine the meaningful reporting requirements for the stakeholder to better manage performance
- Maintain active and constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to inform design and delivery of key objectives
Requirements for Success:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in evaluation, human sciences, research or related field
- Experience using mixed methods monitoring, evaluation and capacity building approaches and impact measurement frameworks within a large organisation
- Experience in using digital systems for collecting and analysing data
- Proven ability to synthesise and analyse complex information
- Understanding of impact measurement tools and techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to build strong, respectful productive relationships
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email .
Details of how to apply:
Please visit our MA Careers site to apply - https://careers.missionaustralia.com.au/caw/en/job/987191/impact-measurement-and-evaluation-officer