Senior Project Officer- Evaluation, Family Violence, Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (Preston VIC)
Closing date: Thursday 15th April 2021
Position: Full time, 24 month fixed term contract
Salary: $90,439 to $94,436, plus super
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia, employing more than 600 employees and delivering more than 70 programs across Victoria. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for.
About the role:
The Research and Evidence Development Team (the ‘RED’ Team) supports program design, the development and implementation of internal and external evaluations, embedding evaluative inquiry across VACCA’s programs, and research projects. This is an exciting time for the Research and Evidence Development Team (RED team): it is charged with leading organisational change to better evidence the benefits of VACCA’s services, strengthen program design and delivery, support service innovation, and build a proactive approach to research and evaluation in the service of VACCA’s strategic directions.
This position is new, within a growing team in VACCA. The Senior Project Officer - Evaluation will be required to support the development of VACCA’s evidence-informed practice by designing and implementing a range of evaluations, with a particular focus on VACCA’s innovative family violence service responses. You will take a highly participatory approach to evaluation design and delivery, which will include development of program logics and theories of change, M& E plans, development of data collection tools, data collection and analysis, reporting, and supporting program reflection based on evaluation findings, and acquittal to funders.
You will have:
- A sound knowledge of the context in which VACCA operates, the child and family welfare sector in Victoria, service delivery by Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations and Victorian Government reforms regarding self-determination and child and family services;
- Specific knowledge of family violence programming within Aboriginal context, and experience in evaluating family violence programs and services;
- A higher degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant field, or significant experience in evaluation within the human services field;
- Project Management skills– preparation of project briefs and agreements; client negotiations; task breakdown and scheduling; communication management; evaluation budget management, risk management.
What we can offer you!!
- Professional support and training via in-house learning and development training modules
- Attractive salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Great career development opportunities.
- Access to Employee support and wellbeing program(s)
- Opportunity to work and build connection with the Aboriginal Community and culture
- We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people to apply
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and current resume.
We encourage applicants to view the Position Description (see below) prior to applying.
We are committed to Aboriginal self-determination and supporting strong, safe, thriving Aboriginal communities and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity, honouring all cultural backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and spiritual beliefs.
VACCA is a child-safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people with zero tolerance for child abuse. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement of employment and periodically following commencement.
VACCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a smoke-free workplace policy.
Details of how to apply: