Evaluation Project Manager, Centre for Program Evaluation, University of Melbourne (Parkville VIC)
Centre for Program Evaluation | Melbourne Graduate School of Education | The University of Melbourne
Closing date: Wednesday 14th April 2021
About the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is a global leader in teaching and education research, offering challenging courses, world-changing research and contemporary learning spaces.
About the role
Applications are invited for a Project Manager (Research Fellow) to assist in the delivery of several large-scale innovative evaluation and research projects.
This position will be responsible for three Department of Education and Training-funded Evaluations. These include:
- Evaluation of the Differentiated Support for School Improvement Initiatives
- Evaluation of the Professional Learning Communities
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the Literacy and Numeracy Strategy
- Evaluation designs being employed are cutting-edge and employ a combination of a range of designs including quasi-experiments, developmental and theory-driven impact evaluations. Sophisticated approaches to data collection and analysis are also being employed, including the development of a dedicated data portal that generates automatic feedback to implementers for one of the evaluations.
As the successful candidate for the Project Manager position, you will hold tertiary qualifications at the Honours/Masters level in the disciplines of evaluation, education, psychology, public health or social sciences and be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the conduct of research or evaluation projects with various stakeholders;
- Outstanding organisational skills including experience in project management, budgeting and budget tracking and tracking project progress;
- The ability to supervise and support team members to meet project objectives and results within set timeframes;
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills, including data analysis and interpretation; and
- Experience with data analysis software such as SPSS, Stata and/or NVivo would be well regarded.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme;
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions;
- Working for one of Australia's top Universities;
- Growing your expertise and innovative thinking in an environment that leaves an impact; and
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment.
- To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Details of how to apply:
For more information and to apply go to http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/904530/evaluation-project-manager