Senior Adviser - Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Cardno Emerging Markets (Canberra)
Closing date: Thursday 4th March 2021
The Australian Government's Indo-Pacific Centre for Health Security was established in October 2017 to lead the design and delivery of the $300 million Health Security Initiative (2017-2022). The goal of the Health Security Initiative is to contributes to the avoidance and containment of infectious disease threats with the potential to cause social and economic harms on a national, regional or global scale. It aims to inform evidence-based planning, help prevent avoidable epidemics, strengthen early detection capacity, and support rapid, effective national and international outbreak responses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and oversight to the MEL team and activities of the Indo-Pacific Centre for Health Security in respect of the Health Security Initiative (HSI) and the Regional COVID-19 Vaccine Access and Health Security Initiative (VAHSI).
- Support the development and implementation of the VAHSI M&E Framework and other products as required.
- Oversight and management of the MEL pipeline of work, including taking a lead role in preparation of tasking and guidance notes, evaluation and review ToRs, evaluation team management, and implementation or oversight of evaluations and final reports. This will include playing a lead role in dissemination of the results of the mid-term progress report on the Health Security Initiative. It will also include preparations for and management of the end-of-program evaluation for the Health Security Initiative.
- Manage CHS MEL contract and contractors, ensuring work for the Centre for Health Security is of appropriate quality.
- Supervision and mentoring of the CHS M&E adviser, including supporting performance plans and day to day work.
- Mentoring and support to other CHS staff and implementing partners on design and implementation of M&E frameworks, investment progress reporting and accessing technical M&E support.
- Lead on collation of results on behalf of the CHS for the Partnership for Recovery Development Strategy and other DFAT reports, as required.
- Support risk assessment and risk management processes for the Centre for Health Security
- Provide liaison and advice to other areas of DFAT on health security indicators as required.
- Other duties as directed.
Specific duties will be as directed by DFAT. The successful applicant will be working as part of a small cross-disciplinary team including the Head of the Centre and the Regional Ambassador for Health Security. Duties may change from time to time according to the workload of the team.
This work will involve engagement with stakeholders based in Australia and overseas.
Details of how to apply:
Please visit https://clientapps.jobadder.com/41217/cardno/3673757 to view the full job advertisement and details of how to apply