Associate Director, Program Evaluation, NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (Orange NSW)
Closing date: Sunday 13th December 2020 (11:59 PM)
Salary: Clerk Grade 11/12. Package includes base salary ($128,089 - $148,134) plus superannuation & leave loading.
- Do you have experience leading & managing economic policy and program evaluations?
- Do you enjoy working collaboratively to find solutions to complex problems?
- Ongoing opportunity based in Orange, NSW
About the role
The Economics Branch in the Department of Premier and Cabinet provides strategic economic analysis and advice to inform projects and policy across the NSW Government.
We are looking for an Associate Director to lead the Program Evaluation Unit within our dynamic and responsive Economic Appraisals & Evaluations Team.
In this role you will, lead and manage the delivery of evaluations of Departmental and state significant programs and projects that assist the Department’s priority setting processes. Lead a small team of evaluation specialists to deliver large scale program, project and policy evaluations, develop evaluation methodologies and influence Departmental program and policy design based on evaluation principles.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has tertiary qualifications in economics, commerce or related disciplines or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Has extensive experience in undertaking and managing program design and development, KPI formulation and evaluation.
- Has thorough knowledge of contemporary economic theory, and experience in all aspects of program evaluation planning and delivery.
- Can plan, lead and organise the work of the team to achieve agreed business objectives and performance criteria, within approved work and project plans.
- Can work autonomously in undertaking and managing all aspects of the program design and evaluation process.
- Can exercise initiative and make sound judgements, as well providing high level advice relating to the implications of alternative resource allocation options..
Want to know more? Please refer to the Role Description. See https://files.jobs.nsw.gov.au/cw6feo
The Branch is located in Orange. Orange is a vibrant town known for its excellent local produce, impressive vineyards, fine dining restaurants and outdoor activities. Orange is arguably the hub of medical and health expertise outside Sydney and is home to excellent schools and tertiary education institutions. This role will allow you the opportunity to grow your career and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Details of how to apply:
Applicants are required to submit an online application. This must include:
- an up-to-date resume which clearly details your relevant skills and experience (maximum 5 pages)
- a cover letter addressing the two targeted questions below (maximum 2 pages):
Describe your management style and provide an example when working to competing deadlines with limited resources. In your example explain how you managed, negotiated and resolved conflicts within the team and/or with external stakeholders while maintaining high levels of personal and team productivity to deliver effective outcomes.
Provide an example of where you developed and applied an innovative methodology for the evaluation of a program. What was the methodology and how did you convince stakeholders of the rigour of your approach?
Please note: To be eligible to apply for this role, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
The selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role. The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment checks.
A recruitment pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles for this role or similar roles that may become available over the next 18 months.
For information on applying for a role in the NSW Public Service, visit this link.