Topic: Introduction to Program Logic
Date and time: Wednesday 16th February 2022, 9.00am to 4:30pm AWST
Location: Perth CBD. IPAA WA will advise details. For queries contact
Presenter: Rick Cummings
Register online by: 9 February 2022
Fees: Members $484, Non-members $665, Student member $260, Student non-member $350*
* Students must send proof of their full-time student status to
Program logic is a simplified model of expected cause-and-effect relationships between activities, immediate changes, intermediate outcomes and final outcomes. This workshop introduces the program logic concept and lays out a step by step process for creating a logic model. The workshop concludes with an overview of how this logic model can be used for program design and to be the spine of a monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement framework.
By the end of this course attendees should be able to:
- have the confidence and ability to develop a simple program logic model
- understand how program logic can be used for planning and for monitoring and evaluation
Benefits to your organisation
- projects will be outcome focused
- provides the organisation with a framework for evaluating the impact and effectiveness of projects
- KPI and organisational performance monitoring frameworks can be better aligned to projects achievements
Benefits to you
- understand the uses of program logic and the key concepts
- be able to build a simple program logic model for your project
- know how program logic is useful for project planning, monitoring and evaluation
About Rick Cummings
Rick Cummings is an Emeritus Professor in the Sir Walter Murdoch Graduate School of Public Policy and International Affairs at Murdoch University. Rick has over 30 years experience leading program and policy evaluations, conducting workshops in evaluation theory and practice, and currently teaches public policy research and evaluation at the Sir Walter Murdoch Graduate School. Rick is a past President of the Australian Evaluation Society and was made a Fellow of the Society in 2013.
Please note that this is a face to face event to be held in Perth.