The AES Board is engaging with members to consider the possibility of changing its coverage from Australasia to the States and Territories of Australia. The rationale for this change and the implications are covered in this member consultation paper.
How can you have your say on proposed change?
The Board is seeking your feedback on the proposed changes, specifically:
- Do you agree/disagree with the realignment of our geographical mandate to the States and Territories of Australia?
- What other things should be considered in making this decision?
- What further information do you need to decide?
You can participate in the consultation by:
- Zoom webinar: watch your inbox for more information
- Attending a consultation workshop in Australia or New Zealand to discuss the proposed change with AES Board members (details below).
- Completing an online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/consult18 by Monday 2 April 2018
- Completing this form by Monday 2 April 2018
Member consultation workshops, March to April
All on-line submissions and feedback from consultations will be analysed. The Board has commissioned AES Fellow Anthea Rutter to thematically analysis and develop a synthesis report of the submissions. After considering the feedback the Board will decide whether or not to take a proposal for a constitutional change to a vote at a general meeting of members.
The Board will update members regarding the process, the proposed courses of action (if any) along with the reasoning, and any outcomes through member communication channels.
We hope that you are able participate in this important process.